Palestinians Suspected of Lynching Israeli Soldiers Reported Captured by Israeli Security Agents
At least five of the Palestinians who are suspected of taking part in the killing of two Israeli soldiers in Ramallah last Thursday are feared to be in the hands of the Shin Bet, the Israeli general security service
A Palestinian source, who did not want to be identified, said Wednesday that ten Palestinians were missingin the city, at least five of them were very probably kidnapped by agents of the service, “and are under investigations now” while the others are still hiding.
Israeli minister of telecommunications Benjamin Ben Aliazar had said clearly that the Israelis “will take care of everyone who took part in the lynching.”
Al Jazira satellite channel reported, however, that eight of ten suspects were killed by the Israelis, meanwhile AFP said Israeli forces have captured eight Palestinians suspected of involvement in the lynching, quoting Israeli military sources Wednesday.
The agency added that the eight were arrested during a joint operation by the Shin Beth secret service and special forces of the Israeli army.
The Palestinian National Authority has denied the report, according to Al Jazira -- Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli Killed in Ramallah Reported Lynched
- Israeli Policeman Wounds Arab Israeli Woman, Seven Others Indicted for Beating Ramallah Lynch Suspects
- Israel Kidnaps Palestinian Policeman over two Soldiers' Lynching in October
- ICRC in Lebanon Denies Barely Missing Meeting with Captured Israeli Soldiers
- Official: Israel will Mete out Punishment to Palestinians who Participated in Lynching Two Soldiers