Paraguay Police Detain 14 Lebanese, Syrians in Probe into US Attacks
Paraguayan police said Friday they had detained 14 Lebanese and Syrian citizens near the South American nation’s border with Argentina during probes into last week’s terror attacks in the United States, reported the Daily Star newspaper.
The arrests were made in Encarnacion, a town near the border of Argentina, Paraguay and Brazil, where the United States said it was investigating if Islamic militant groups were receiving support for their activities.
Lebanese President Emile Lahoud also said on Monday that there was a "need to differentiate between these acts (in the United States) and between the resistance which aims at liberating the land from occupation."
Lebanese national Ziad Samir Jarrah, 26, is on the Federal Bureau of Investigation's list of suspects in the US terror attacks – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Lebanese Rights Group Calls for International Probe Into Mass Graves
- Lebanese Sunni militant cleric condemns Hizbullah and Lebanese army in audio recording
- Bahrain: 14 terror suspects detained
- Lebanese Rally in Solidarity with National Detained in US
- Syrian Conflict Enters Lebanon: Lebanese Cameraman Ali Shaaban Killed