PAX International Announces Annual Readership Award Winners
For the fifth straight year, the readers of PAX International magazine have recognized excellence in airlines and airline catering by picking several winners in the annual Readership Awards.
Each year, readers of the PAX International’s bimonthly newsletter and print issue share their thoughts on significant contributions to the travel catering industry. This year, the awards were presented at the Gala Banquet during the yearly Middle East Exhibition and Conference of the International Travel Catering Association (ITCA) held November 16-18 in Dubai.
“This year, we are happy to have a fine venue to recognize excellence in travel catering,” said PAX International publisher Aijaz Khan. “Next year we hope to further grow these awards into a important tool for readers to pick the best of the best. “
The Readership Awards are presented in four categories: Airline Caterer of the Year, Outstanding Food Service by an Airline, Airline of the Year for Food Service and Best First and Business Class Lounge. The absence of winners in some categories indicates no votes were made.
The following is a list of this year’s winners divided by region, along with this year’s Award of Distinction:
Global Travel Catering Distinction Award
Airline Caterer of the Year Casa Proveedora Phillips
Airline of the Year Food Service Continental Airlines
Outstanding Food Service by an Airline Mexicana
Middle East 2009
Airline Caterer of the Year Bahrain Airport Services
Airline of the Year Food Services Gulf Air
Outstanding Food Service by an Airline Emirates
Best Airport Lounges for
First and Business Class Qatar Airways
Outstanding Food Service by an Airline EgyptAir
Outstanding Food Service by an Airline Korean Air
Airline Caterer of the Year Servair
- Gulf Bank wins ‘Best Retail Bank in Kuwait’ for Second Consecutive Year and ‘Best Retail Customer Service Bank in Kuwait’ Awards from International Finance Magazine
- Dubai International Print Award 2009 Winners Announced
- Award winners announced at Qatar Foundation’s Annual Research Conference 2014
- Sheikha Lubna applauds efforts of UAE winners of 8th Annual International Business Awards
- Emirates’ Inflight Catering Wins Prestigious PAX International Readership Award