PCHR Delegation Meets with the UN Human Rights Inquiry Commission
A delegation from the Palestinian Center for Human Rights (PCHR) met with the UN Human Rights Inquiry Commission that is investigating Israeli human rights violations in the Occupied Palestinian Territories, according to a press release e-mailed by the organization to Albawaba.com.
The delegation, which consisted of Raji Sourani, Iyad Alami and Hamdi Shaqqura, provided the Commission with comprehensive and detailed documentation of Israeli human rights violations during the past four months, said the release.
The delegation also addressed the causes of the current outbreak of clashes between Palestinian civilians and the Israeli occupation forces, which have come to be known as “Al-Aqsa Intifada” PCHR’s delegation maintained that
the violence was the result of decades of Israeli repression of the Palestinian people.
According to PCHR, Israeli human rights violations in the Occupied Palestinian territories have included:
1) Shelling Palestinian civilians and cities in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip with combat helicopters, gunboats and tanks.
2) Willful and extra-judicial killing of Palestinian civilians resulting in the death of more than 332 Palestinians over the past four months, including:
106 children under 18, as well as the wounding of thousands of Palestinian civilians with live ammunition and rubber-coated metal bullets.
3) The declared policy of the Israeli government to assassinate a number of Palestinian civilians.
4) Imposing a total siege on the Occupied Palestinian Territories, and an internal siege on Palestinian cities, isolating them from one another.
5) Large-scale leveling of Palestinian agricultural land and demolition of houses and civilian facilities.
On Monday, Israeli troops shot dead two Palestinians and injured dozens more after a night that rumbled with Israeli shelling and deadly Palestinian gunfire.
Isarel has declined to deal with the Inquiry commission – Albawaba.com