Peres Heads to NY to Meet Annan, US Officials
Israeli Foreign Minister Shimon Peres will meet with UN Secretary General Kofi Annan in New York Sunday, to discuss regional tensions brewing in the wake of Israeli reoccupation of parts of Palestinian self-rule areas, reports said.
According to Israeli Radio, Peres will hold a series of meetings with senior US officials including US Vice President Dick Chincy, Secretary of State Colin Powell and members of Congress.
Before his departure to the US, Peres met with Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon who is scheduled to visit Washington next month in response to US President George W. Bush's invitation, the official Kuwaiti news agency (KUNA) said.
A number of Israeli ministers are reportedly planning to launch media campaigns to justify escalating Israeli attacks on the Palestinian people, said the agency – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Sharon Rejects Arafat-Peres-Annan Meeting
- Turkish president will not meet Peres in NY
- Quartet meeting in NY discusses Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- PA Official: Israeli Incursion in Gaza Aimed at Burying Arafat-Peres Agreement
- Israeli Soldier Lightly Wounded; Peres, Abu Ala Meet; Intelligence Head: Qassam Rockets Can't Reach Israeli Major Cities