PFLP member killed in West Bank, expulsion of 18 Palestinians to Gaza Strip delayed
A member of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) was kiiled by Israeli forces as he fled from a checkpoint near the West Bank city of Tulkarem.
Palestinian security sources said Bilal Zeidan, a 23-year-old member of the group, was shot dead in Ramin village, six kilometres east of Tulkarem, the AFP reported.
Meanwhile, Israel's High Court of Justice has issued a temporary injunction preventing the Israeli army from carrying out the planned expulsion of 15 Palestinians, residents of the West Bank to the Gaza Strip.
The postponement of the expulsion was delayed until Sunday in order to allow the Palestinians to appeal the decision to expel them. Earlier Wednesday, the Israeli army issued expulsion orders for three other Palestinians.
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel to expel 15 Palestinians to Gaza
- Israeli troops kill five Palestinians in West Bank, Gaza Strip clashes
- Israeli incursion in Tulkarem; Two Palestinians shot dead in Gaza Strip
- Israeli soldiers raid Tulkarem, arrest Palestinians and destroy house in West Bank
- Israel expels 12 Palestinians to Gaza Strip