Philippe Solomon preparing CAR president in Israel
President Francois Bozize of the Central African Republic (CAR) is expected to arrive in a private visit to Israel next month. During his stay in Israel, the president will be accompanied by businessman of Tunisian origin Mr. Philippe H. Solomon, who is an expert for African affairs.
Mr. Solomon personally is coordinating the visit schedule in order to secure its success.
The relations between the two countries are good. three years ago Israel transferred humanitarian assistance to the Republic's capital city of Bangui. Israel responded to the appeals of the Central African Republic to the international community for humanitarian assistance, following the fierce floods which ravaged the country over the summer.
The Central African Republic expressed its great appreciation for the Israeli humanitarian assistance. Bozize emphasized that "true friendship between countries is revealed in times of need."
- Solomon expects Arab Gulf investments in Centarl Africa
- President François Bozizé's visit underlines potential for carbon trading prosperity under Kyoto Protocol
- Tripoli Accuses US, Israel of Assassination of Ambassador
- 63 Sudanese killed in Central African Republic
- Central African Republic Ratifies African Unity Treaty