PLC Speaker says Arafat formed new cabinet; Israeli operation in Hebron
Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat has formed a new Cabinet that will be presented to the legislative council for approval next week, the Speaker of the Palestinian Legislative Council, Abu Ala, said Tuesday.
According to AP, Abu Ala said that Arafat had drawn up a new list of ministers. The council will meet in a special session next week to vote on the Cabinet, he said.
Arafat's Fatah movement has demanded new faces replace many of his longtime associates.
Meanwhile, Israeli troops fired on a house in the West Bank belonging to a relative of a fugitive Islamic Jihad leader, Shweiki Tuesday. Israeli soldiers ordered residents to leave the home of Shweiki. Soldiers then fired at the house. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian Legislators Approve Arafat's New Cabinet
- PFLP calls PLC to reject new Palestinian cabinet; Palestinians, Israeli soldiers wounded in West Bank
- Arafat accepts resignation of ministers, sets date for presidential and parliamentary elections
- Fatah approves formation of new cabinet; Islamic Jihad claims settlement attack
- Arafat delays PLC meeting; Palestinian shot dead, four houses destroyed in Jenin