PLO Top Official: Arab Leaders are Demanded to Set up Fund to Support the Palestinian People
By Izzat Ramini
Albawaba.com - Ramallah
PLO Executive Committee Secretary Mahmoud Abbass spelled out Thursday the Palestinian demands from the Arab Summit, due on October 21-22.
At a press conference at his office in Ramallah, Abbass, better known as “Abu Mazin”, urged political support for the Palestinian leadership, and setting up a permanent Arab fund for supporting the Palestinian people. He also called on the Arab states to support the Palestinians economically through investment projects in the Palestinian territories, which would help reduce unemployment among the Palestinian working force.
He also stressed the need for “serious action to protect Jerusalem and its institutes.”
Meanwhile, a number of Palestinian key figures have demanded that the Arab countries should open the door for jihad “holy war” against Israel, and allow volunteers to cross borders to “force out the occupation.”
They urged the Arab states to boycott Israeli and American products and stop all forms of normalizations with Israel.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- PLO Official: Arab Leaders Must Provide Clear Political Support to the Palestinians
- Palestinian Opposition MP: We Need Arab Support, Not Summit
- Palestinians to invigorate demands for protection, cash at Arab summit
- Arab Summit Set to Sanction Israel without Giving up on Middle East Peace
- Palestinian Economy Minister Sets Palestinian Demands at Arab Summit