Police Confiscates 25 kg of Opium in Central Iran
Police forces in the Iranian central province of Saveh confiscated some 25 kilograms of opium on Saturday, reported the official Iranian news agency (IRNA), citing a local press report.
The Persian daily, Abrar, quoted the head of the Ideo-Political Office of the provincial police department as saying that "some three smugglers were arrested in connection with the
Iran sits on the crossroads of the international drug trade, which originates from sources in Afghanistan and Pakistan to markets in Central Asia, Europe and the Arabian Gulf states.
The battle against drug trafficking, particularly in the eastern borders, has seen thousands of police officers killed in drug-related battles throughout the country over the past two decades.
- Iran Police Confiscate 27 kg of Opium
- Iranian Police Confiscate 140kg of Drugs in Southern Province
- Iran’s Police Confiscate 52 Kilograms of Hashish
- Dubai Customs foils bid an attempt of smuggling 113 kg of crystal heading to Malaysia
- Dubai Customs Foils Bid an Attempt of Smuggling 113 Kg of “Crystal” Heading to Malaysia