Police in France arrest suspected Algerian militants
In France, security officers arrested three suspected Algerian militants in a suburb north of Paris on Monday, a source close to the investigation said.
Investigators who carried out a search of the apartment occupied by the three Algerians in La Courneuve found 5000 dollars in cash, documents and a computer, the source added.
The three alleged militants have all spent time in both Afghanistan and Chechnya, according to the source, cited by AFP.
The men were taken to the Paris offices of the French counter-intelligence organization (DST), where they were placed in custody. (Albawaba.com)
- Baggage handler at Paris airport arrested with arsenal of weapons and explosives
- French Police Detain More Islamist Militants
- Two al-Qaeda suspects arrested in Spain
- Tunisian police arrest 10 Islamists following violent clashes in Kef
- Two Algerian-French brothers! Three Charlie Hebdo gunmen identified, police raid hideout in northern France