Police Release All Suspects in Relation to Hubeika Killing, Start to Investigate Death of Hobeika Ally in Car Accident
The last person arrested in connection with the killing of former minister and militia leader Elie Hobeika was released Friday for lack of incriminating evidence against him, judicial sources said.
George Massoud Hanna, who was detained because he once owned the booby-trapped car that exploded and killed Hobeika, told the authorities that he had sold the car in Jezzine to a person from the Nasr family.
Two other persons, who had been also arrested in connection with the assassination, were also released when Hanna and other witnesses did not recognize them as those from whom he had bought the car.
Meanwhile, State Prosecutor Adnan Addoum on Friday ordered a full inquiry into the death of Hobeika’s ally and former Baabda MP Jean Ghanem, who died two weeks ago as a result of a car accident, Lebanon's Daily Star reported. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Police Hold Just One Suspect in Relation To Hobeika Assassination; Belgian Senator Denies Existence of Recorded Tapes
- Five Persons Arrested in Relation to Hobeika Killing
- Sources: Mossad Behind the Killing of Former Lebanese Minister and Militia Leader Elie Hobeika
- Investigators Assess: Orders to Kill Hobeika Given About Two Weeks Ago
- Former Lebanese Minister and Militia Leader Elie Hobeika Killed in Mysterious Blast