Policeman Killed After Blast in Indian Town of Agra
A policeman was killed and six people were injured Monday after an explosion at a police station in India's Taj Mahal town of Agra, police said.
Constable Virendra Singh died when he was caught in falling debris at the station, the deputy inspector of police in the Agra region said.
Among the injured were two women and a 15-year-old boy who was selling tea.
The explosion happened around 2:00 pm (0830 GMT) at the Etmadpur police station, 20 kilometres (12 miles) from the centre of Agra.
Initial reports indicated that the explosion could have been caused by firecrackers which were being stored at the station.
Agra police have been confiscating fireworks after it was discovered that a recent blaze at a bridge in the town was caused by people using firecrackers -- NEW DELHI (AFP)
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Six Killed in Family Feud near Taj Mahal Town
- Indian Schoolboy Shot in Warning Over US Military Operation
- Suicide bomber kills at least one policeman near UN headquarters in central Baghdad; Blast rocks Mosul police station
- Three US soldiers killed in Iraq, blast near Baghdad police station kills one person
- Explosion Kills Two, Injures Seven in Pakistan