Policeman shot dead in Dubai
The man of Yemeni origin had served in the police force for over 30 years. (AFP/File)
Click here to add Al Rifaa Police as an alert
Disable alert for Al Rifaa Police,
Click here to add Dubai as an alert
Disable alert for Dubai,
Click here to add Dubai Police as an alert
Disable alert for Dubai Police,
Click here to add Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina as an alert
Disable alert for Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina
A police officer shot and killed his colleague following a verbal dispute on Sunday, police said on Monday.
Dubai Police denied that ideological differences were the reasons behind the shooting incident at Al Rifaa Police station.
Major General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina, Dubai Police Chief, said the incident was caused by personal differences and had nothing to do with political or ideological differences.
The 24-year-old suspect and the victim are from Yemen. The victim served in Dubai Police for more than 30 years.
The suspect has been arrested and the case has been referred to the public prosecution.
By Noorhan Barakat
- Policeman shot dead in Upper Egypt: state news
- Policeman shot dead in Egypt's Sharqiya governorate
- Policeman Shot Dead in Barcelona, Authorities Blame ETA
- Palestinian Policeman Kills Israeli Soldier, Injures Two Others Before Being Shot Dead in Gaza
- Northern Iraq: Policeman shot dead, 16 people arrested by occupation forces