Polish President expresses support of UN efforts for a Cyprus settlement
Polish President Alexander Kwasniewski expressed his country’s support for sustained United Nations efforts to solve the Cyprus problem and conveyed his wishes that a solution would be found soon, according to Cyprus News Agency.
Upon receiving the credentials of Cyprus’ first resident ambassador to Poland, Navsika Krousti, Poland’s president expressed the belief that if the current phase of the UN-led direct talks for a Cyprus settlement proves unproductive, then Cyprus’ anticipated accession to the European Union (EU) would have a positive effect on efforts to solve the Cyprus problem, the agency further said. (Albawaba.com)
- United States committed to UN efforts to reach settlement for Cyprus issue
- Moussa: Egypt Supports a Solution to the Cyprus Problem
- US President committed to supporting peace effort in Cyprus
- Cyprus President receives credentials of Croatian ambassador
- United States urges sides in Cyprus to seize “historic opportunity”