Poll says Majority of Palestinians back cease-fire
A majority of Palestinians in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip support the current cease-fire on attacks against Israel, however nearly 78 percent said Israel will be the one to break the truce, according to a new poll.
The poll, conducted by Birzeit University's Development Studies Program, said 61 percent of the respondents support a renewal of the cease-fire for an additional three months.
The poll surveyed 1,200 Palestinians from the West Bank and Gaza Strip in 75 localities. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- New poll: majority of Palestinians think Intifada should lead to demolition of Israel
- Poll reveals 74% of Palestinians continue to miss Yasser Arafat, 60% support ”calm” with Israel
- Poll: Narrow Majority of Israelis Oppose Clinton Peace Proposals
- Poll shows nearly 60% of Palestinians support Abu Mazen call to end Intifada militarization
- Majority of Palestinians believe Hamas should recognize peace agreements with Israel