Poll shows nearly 60% of Palestinians support Abu Mazen call to end Intifada militarization
In a poll conducted by the Palestinian Center for Public Opinion (PCPO), results showed that over half of the participants support PLO leader Mahmoud Abbas (Abu Mazen)’s call among Palestinians to put an end to the militarization of the Intifada.
In the latest poll prepared by Dr. Nabil Kukali and conducted by the PCPO in the period between December 17 to December 19, a random sample of 1010 Palestinian adults was included, representing the demographic models in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza Strip.
The poll revealed that 56.8% of the Palestinians support the call of Abbas to put an end to the militarization of the Intifada, while 38.6% oppose it and 4.6% are still reluctant to respond to that question.
One can notice from the results of this poll that the call found with (60.6%) a more positive echo among the West Bank population in comparison with that of the Gaza Strip (48.7%).
- Abu Mazen cabinet confirmed by the Palestinian parliament
- Abu Mazen calls for one year demilitarization of intifada
- Anti-Occupation Palestinians, Israelis Clash with Troops near Orient House
- poll no. 171 dated July 11, 2010 published by (PCPO)
- poll no. 170 published by Palestinian Center for Public Opinion (PCPO).