Porsche Michelin Supercup to compete in Bahrain
The world’s fastest international one-make series celebrates a double premiere. For the first time the Porsche Michelin Supercup will compete on Arabian soil. The show race takes place as support to the Bahrain Grand Prix from 1st to 3rd April. The extra racing weekend, where no points for this year’s championship are awarded, came as an express wish from the Royal Palace as well as from the race organiser.
Fans and drivers alike are eager to experience the first race outing of the latest Porsche 911 GT3 Cup - which is based on the new 911 Carrera-997. The first racing version of the current 911 competes exclusively in the Porsche Michelin Supercup. With 400 hp, a sequential six-speed gearbox and the Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB), as well as sophisticated race aerodynamics, this GT3 Cup is the most powerful and at the same time the most challenging racing sportscar in the history of the Porsche Michelin Supercup.
- Specialists support Walter Röhrl at Nordschleife comeback
- Porsche Michelin Supercup round in Bahrain
- City of Arabia to sponsor car in Porsche Michelin Supercup 2005
- City of Arabia to compete in Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup for second year
- Regional drivers geared up for exciting one-make Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Middle East