Powell, Cheney to Visit Middle East in February
US secretary of state, Colin Powell, and Vice President, Dick Cheney, are planning to start their first tour of the Middle East in February, reported the Kuwait News Agency (KUNA), quoting press reports.
The Saudi daily "al-Watan" quoted diplomatic sources as saying that Powell and Cheney will visit Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Egypt and Israel.
The tour, said the agency, is aimed at asserting the new US administration's adherence to the security and stability in the Gulf region.
The top officials will visit Kuwait on February 26th to take part in the 10th anniversary of the country's liberation anniversary.
Cheney served as secretary of defense during the 1991 Gulf War -- Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Cheney invites new Saudi king for talks in USA
- Powell regional tour may not include Lebanon
- Report: Egypt, Other Arab States Make Efforts To Arrange Cheney – Arafat Meeting
- US Secretary of State to Begin Mid-East Tour in Cairo
- Cheney Stops in the UAE Before Saudi Visit; Cheney To Get Saudi Strong Message Against U.S. Attack On Iraq