Premier calls on US to free Bahraini prisoners in Guantanamo Bay
Bahrain’s Prime Minister Sheikh Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa on Saturday urged Washington to release the Bahraini prisoners in Guantanamo and to "immediately have them returned to their families".
Bahrain’s News Agency said the call came in the course of the Prime Minister’s meeting Saturday with a visiting US Congressional delegation, headed by House of Representatives International Relations Committee member, Darrell Issa.
Six Bahrainis are detained without official charges in Guantanamo Bay, along with hundreds of other Arab and South Asian nationals. They have been accused of belonging to Osama bin Laden’s al-Qaeda network. (Albawaba.com)
- Kuwaiti delegation to visit nationals in Guantanamo Bay
- Call to destroy houses at Bahrain's Tubli Bay
- Qatari former minister: Some Arab captives from Guantanamo bay to be freed
- US sends six Guantanamo Bay prisoners to Uruguay
- Obama on Middle East: "We support the Syrian opposition, reject agenda of terrorist networks"