Preparatory Meeting of World Summit on Islamic-Christian Dialogue in Morocco
A preparatory meeting for the world summit on Islamic-Christian dialogue has recently started in Morocco. <i>Emarrakech</i> reports that this meeting was opened by the president of Senegal, which will host the summit next year. “The situation that we live today in this world requires the dialogue between civilizations and religions,” he said.
Intellectuals, diplomats and religious men of Islam and Christianity participated in this three-day preparatory meeting. The World Summit on Islamo-Christian dialogue will be held in 2006 in Senegal with the aim of improving the image of the religions, to convey a universal message of peace and tolerance while contributing to the development of a better and mutual knowledge of the religions.
- Arab Business Council launched on closing of World Economic Forum summit in Jordan
- Tripoli to host North African, Mediterranean & European countries summit
- Algeria Summit: Reforms, ties with Israel top agenda of Arab leaders
- Jordan to host global meeting on regional development, reforms and peace
- Managing Religion in Morocco