President Assad receives message from Turkish Prime Minister on Iraq
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad received on Saturday, Turkish Prime Minister’s Chief Advisor, Ahmad Dawood Uglu.
In the course of the meeting, President al-Assad received a verbal message conveyed by Uglu from Turkish Prime Minister Abdullah Gul, regarding the Iraqi issue and bilateral relations, according to SANA news agency.
Talks during the meeting, which was attended by the Turkish ambassador in Damascus, focused on the current regional situation and the results of the recent meeting held in Istanbul by the foreign ministers of Iraq’s neighboring countries.
SANA added that agreement was reached on the activation of joint activities between the two countries as well as the involved countries, so that a “quick vision would be reached to make the region avoid the danger of war”.
In the same framework, the Syrian leader indicated that support should be given to European countries that oppose the war on Iraq.
Moreover, the two sides agreed to continue contacts and consultations between both countries in this regard, the agency said. (Albawaba.com)
- Kuwait Prime Minister receives an oral message from President of Iran
- Assad receives Turkish trade minister for talks
- Syrian Foreign Minister receives Turkish Premier’s top advisor
- UAE President Receives Messages From China, Romania Leaders
- Report: Foreign Minister says Israel received ''messages'' from Assad