President of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean concerned over Israeli raid
The President of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean, Hon. Rudy Salles, is deeply concerned with the reports of the raid conducted by Israeli Defence Forces, with disproportionate use of force, on the humanitarian naval convoy on its way to Gaza, in international waters. PAM condemns without reserve this violence and is particularly preoccupied for the loss of lives and for the wounded. The Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean expresses its support to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon in his call for UN Special Coordinator, Robert Serry and UNRWA Commissioner General, Filippo Grandi, to ensure that no further harm is done and to coordinate with all relevant parties.
PAM Secretary General, Dr. Sergio Piazzi, is constantly following the developments of the situation and has immediately established contacts with the relevant United Nations offices in the region.
- Belgrade meetings of PAM Standing Committees approve reports for submission to Plenary Session of the Assembly to be held in Morocco
- PAM Standing Committees convene in Belgrade to finalise Reports and Resolutions for the Plenary Session in Morocco
- PAM Member Parliaments to provide additional impetus to the Middle East peace process following Malta Meeting on Israeli-Palestinian peace
- EU "deeply concerned" over Libyan violence
- 15 Turkish Inmates, Two Troops Die in Turkish Prison Raids