Processed Milk ‘Safe for Consumption’ in Qatar
Processed milk and dairy products are safe for consumption despite the foot and mouth disease scare, an official at the health ministry said on Wednesday.
“Drinking raw milk is extremely dangerous. Not only foot-and-mouth disease, but also another fatal disease - brucellosis - can be contracted from infected animals,” said the official, cited by the Gulf Times on Wednesday.
However, he said, dairy products are safe for consumption.
The disease was discovered in Saudi Arabia and UAE.
Qatar announced it was free from the disease – Albawaba.com.
- Foot-and-Mouth Scare Hits Meat Sales in Qatar
- Tetra Pak lauds milk drinking drive in Saudi Arabia
- Qatar Free of Foot-and-Mouth Disease
- Keeping your food safe in hot climates: Advice for vigilance after food poisoning deaths in Dubai
- Georgetown research project on food waste calls for local stakeholders to take part in workshops