Q-Tel Enters E-Commerce
Qatar’s telecom Q-Tel has initiated an e-commerce project by forming a partnership company (C1QT) aimed at facilitating Qatar’s e-marketplace, reported the Gulf Times newspaper.
Joining hands with Qatar Telecom in the venture are Commerce One Middle East and The International Investor (TII), with a start-up capital of QR7.5mn ($2m).
“C1QT Limited would facilitate Qatar’s first e-marketplace (online exchange), covering all stages of a business transaction between purchasers and suppliers,” said Commerce One’s CEO, David Brown.
This includes order-to-payment, catalogue management and consultation, order approval processing, delivery and invoicing as well as online auctions and tender offices, he added.
The e-marketplace will introduce to Qatari business and industrial community, e-procurement which has proven to be cheaper and faster.
The new company will be independent of Q-Tel, though the company holds a 27 percent stake in C1QT Limited, the paper said – Albawaba.com
- Qtel enters into a strategic relationship with Rachmat Gobel
- TRA to host series of eCommerce Workshops in Dubai entitled ‘eBiz SOS 2014’
- Qtel enters the Guinness World Records
- Q-Tel, C1 launch Qatar’s first B2B exchange
- Qtel first operator in the world to offer new Cisco Router for intelligent home broadband networking