Q-Tel Enters E-Commerce
Qatar’s telecom Q-Tel has initiated an e-commerce project by forming a partnership company (C1QT) aimed at facilitating Qatar’s e-marketplace, reported the Gulf Times newspaper.
Joining hands with Qatar Telecom in the venture are Commerce One Middle East and The International Investor (TII), with a start-up capital of QR7.5mn ($2m).
“C1QT Limited would facilitate Qatar’s first e-marketplace (online exchange), covering all stages of a business transaction between purchasers and suppliers,” said Commerce One’s CEO, David Brown.
This includes order-to-payment, catalogue management and consultation, order approval processing, delivery and invoicing as well as online auctions and tender offices, he added.
The e-marketplace will introduce to Qatari business and industrial community, e-procurement which has proven to be cheaper and faster.
The new company will be independent of Q-Tel, though the company holds a 27 percent stake in C1QT Limited, the paper said – Albawaba.com
- Qatar’s First Global B2B Portal to be Launched soon
- Tejari Bahrain and Tejari Qatar launch in partnership with BCN
- Qatar's First E-commerce Website in Operation
- Arab Technology Awards Honour Sheikha Lubna Al Qasimi For Her Outstanding Contribution To eCommerce
- Tejari CEO Outlines Middle East’s E-Commerce Potential for Members of Global Information Society