Qatar Airways Wants Looser Tourist Visa Rules
Qatar Airways is working with its own state's tourism authority to ease restrictions on tourist visas, the airline's chief executive said Wednesday.
CEO Akbar Al Baker said changes could not be expected in a day or two, according to the Gulf Times.
"It may take some time, but obtaining a tourist visa to Qatar will be definitely easier than it is today," he told the paper.
"...[T]he Emir is very keen to promote Qatar as a tourist destination. But we want high class tourism," Al Baker said.
"Business tourism" is one segment which Qatar Airways can tap, the chief executive pointed out – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Qatar to allow 100% foreign investments in tourism-related activities
- UATP Cards Now Accepted on qatarairways.com
- Qatar Airways First in Line for New Airbus Jetliner
- Safi Airways announces launch of new route and promising alliance with Qatar Airways
- qatar airways sponsors international travel exhibition in vietnam