Qatar Emphasizes Children Rights
Qatar’s supreme council for family affairs (SCFA) is embarking on a national program for the promotion of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, said the Gulf Times Thursday.
SCFA deputy secretary general, Ali al-Hajiry, stressed the importance of the media in creating awareness about the convention.
"Qatar is committed to ensuring the protection of the rights of children," he said.
"Promotion of awareness about the rights of children is of supreme importance in this regard," he added.
Qatar signed the convention in 1993 and ratified it in 1995 – Albawaba.com
- CDA highlights the ‘Right of Expression’ with Child Rights Conference on May 10 and 11
- Regional session of Child Parliament held in Marrakech
- Qatar Calls for Emergency UN Security Council Meeting to Discuss Palestinian Crisis
- Algeria and UNICEF cooperates to protect children rights
- the convention on the rights of the child comes of age