Qatar to Host International Conference on Environment
An international conference on environment and ecological technologies is to open in Doha on 27 through 30 January, reported the Qatari news agency (QANA).The conference, QUEST 2002 for the Middle East and Northern Africa, will be under the patronage of Crown Prince Sheikh Jassem bin Hamad Al Thani, who is also Chairman of The Supreme Council on Environment and Nature Reserves (SCENR).
The event is to be organized by EXPOLine - a Qatar-based firm - in conjunction with the UNESCO bureau in Doha. According to the official agency, the conference will bring together for the first time environmental specialists, researchers and practitioners, who will try to develop an understanding of environmental issues in the Middle East and North Africa, with special emphasis on Qatar and the Gulf region.
The conference will cover topics including industrial pollution, environmental management, research, resources, conservation, impact assessment, legislation, sustainable development, and technologies. (Albawaba.com)
- QF hosts major international conference
- Qatar Foundation announces Keynote Speaker Professor Kirk R. Smith at the Sixth International Conference on Environmental Mutagens in Human Populations
- Qatar Foundation Announces Keynote Address by Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn of Thailand at the Sixth International Conference on Environmental Mutagens in Human Populations
- International conference on industrial pollution in Doha
- CILE organises 2nd annual international conference on Ethics in a Changing World: Contemporary Perspectives