Qatar Jails Iraqi Hijacker for five Years
A Doha court on Tuesday sentenced an Iraqi who hijacked a Qatar Airways Airbus on September 14 to five years in jail, the official news agency QNA reported.
The public prosecutor had charged Adel Fahd Jahid with "making threats of death or severe injury and of kidnapping people whose lives were at risk of death or severe injury."
He admitted hijacking the plane but denied the death threat charge.
Armed with a knife, Jahid hijacked the Airbus with 144 people on board and forced the Doha-Amman plane to land at Hael in northern Saudi Arabia, where he gave himself up without a fight. Saudi authorities handed him over to Qatar – DOHA (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Qatari Court Upholds Iraqi Hijacker’s Jail Term
- Saudi academic, who supported Riyadh bombing attacks, sentenced to five years in jail
- Hijacker of Yemeni Plane Jailed for 15 Years
- Kuwaiti Receives 10-Year Jail Sentence for Plot to Bomb Israeli Office in Doha
- Saudi Arabia sentences two men to death for plotting airplane hijacking