Qatar: Leadership symposium to be held
Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar announced a leadership symposium and evening gala as part of inaugural celebrations being hosted by Qatar Foundation March 9 and 10, 2005. The inaugural celebrations honor the opening of Carnegie Mellon Qatar, the first international branch campus of one of the world’s top-ranking universities.
The March 9 symposium will bring together a panel of distinguished Carnegie Mellon experts in computer science and business with Qatar’s top business leaders. The delegates at the symposium, all world leaders in their fields, will share with business leaders in Qatar their latest research and insights in presentations and discussions, offering unparalleled access to the latest thinking and developments in business management and computer science.
“We hope that by bringing together the best minds in IT and industry under one roof, both on the Carnegie Mellon side and from Doha’s leadership base, the knowledge that is shared will create the kind of collaborative, interdisciplinary programming and research center that is the hallmark of our university,” said Charles E. Thorpe, Ph.D., dean of Carnegie Mellon Qatar.
The symposium will be followed on March 10 by an evening gala, graced by the presence of Her Highness Sheikha Mozah Bint Nasser Al-Missned, chair of Qatar Foundation.
- HMC and sick kids hold leadership symposium for 83 pediatric nurses
- Qatar Young Professionals Institute held this week at Qatar Foundation
- The Fourth Biennial Hamad bin Khalifa Symposium on Islamic Art to examine objects held in the Collection of the Museum of Islamic Art
- IBQ attends NBK Symposium Featuring Lee Kuan Yew
- Arab Science Symposium Opens in March