Qatar Marks Independence Day with Ambitious Schemes
Qatar celebrates Sunday the 29th anniversary of its independence with launching new landmark projects.
AFP reported that Qatar has launched an ambitious plan for e-government to mark the anniversary, officials said.
Crown prince Jassem bin Hamad al-Thani inaugurated the first phase of the plan, which allows several ministries and public bodies to grant residence visas and collect fees through a computerized system, said the agency.
"It is only the start of an ambitious plan to link all state bodies electronically to improve efficiency and reduce costs," he was quoted as saying
The Gulf Times newspaper said that the government has already declared a two-day holiday to mark the occasion.
Sunday’s celebrations includes several programs planned by the country's Emiri Air Force and Coast Guard near the Corniche area, added the paper – (Several Sources)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- HMC partners with Qatar Independent Technical School on apprenticeship scheme
- Celebrating Omani Independence Day In The Gulf
- India’s Sahara Group marks a first; To Introduce suite of mutual fund schemes with performance-based `Variable AMC Fee’ structure
- Cyprus marks Independence Day
- Qatar launches e-government