Qatar, Oman Discuss Cooperation in Telecommunications Sector
Qatar and Oman discussed Monday in Muscat aspects of bilateral cooperation in telecommunications and post sector and the setting up of joint ventures in telecommunications spheres, reported the official Oman's News Agency ONA.
The talks topped the agenda during a meeting between Oman's telecommunications minister, Sheikh Suhail bin Mustahil Shimas, and his Qatari counterpart Sheikh Ahmed bin Nasir bin Faleh al Thani, said the agency.
Sheikh Shimas told ONA that both sides discussed steps currently taken by the Sultanate to privatize telecommunications sector and the possibility of Qatari Telecommunications Company's [QTEL] to contribute in this program.
He added that the two sides had also discussed liberalization of Omani telephone network, as well as exchange of expertise and bilateral cooperation in posts and telecommunications training fields - Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Qatar, Oman Set to Expand Cooperation in Telecommunications Field
- EIAST discusses joint co-operation with Omani delegation
- Oman Telecommunications Company to be privatized
- GCC Investment Strategy and Sectors Outlook for 2006
- SAMENA Telecommunications Council focuses on broadband as a key enabler for digitization at Telecommunications Regulatory Conference 2014