Qatari Emir highlights UN challenges
The Emir of Qatar Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani asserted that the UN Summit is an opportunity for consultation and opening dialogue to back up UN role in facing international problems such as terror. In his speech before the UN high level meeting, the Emir said that threats facing the international community which will be confronted in the coming decades are not only dealing with peace and security but with other issues like poverty, deteriorating environment, wars and different kinds of violence. In addition, he welcomed the establishment of UN Democracy Fund which will achieve development, adding that Qatar would contribute to this Fund by a donation of US$10 million.
- Qatari business community cautiously optimistic for Q2 2013
- EIAST experts highlight contributions to space technology and global applications at GSSF
- Dubai Chamber highlights issue of climate change and its impact on UAE business
- Qatari Emir Donates $3m to US
- Egypt and Tunisia latest events highlight the risks from a lack of distribution of income