Qatari Emir, UAE President Hold Talks in Abu Dhabi
Qatar's emir, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani, held talks Tuesday with the Emirati president, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan al-Nahyan, on ways to boost ties, the official WAM news agency reported.
The two Gulf Arab leaders also examined latest developments in the Gulf region and the Middle East, it said, without giving details.
Qatar and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) are grouped in the six-member Gulf Cooperation Council with Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman and Saudi Arabia that held a summit in Muscat on April 29.
Iran at the start of May invited Sheikh Hamad to make a first visit to Tehran by a Qatari head of state since the 1979 Islamic revolution, which soured ties across the Gulf.
The UAE has called for Tehran to resolve its dispute with Abu Dhabi over ownership of three Gulf islands in order to normalize ties with the Arab Gulf states of the region -- ABU DHABI (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Bahrain’s Emir, UAE President Hold Talks on Bilateral, Regional Issues
- Algerian President Holds Talks with UAE President
- Hydra Properties and Trump Organisation hold joint investment talks in Abu Dhabi
- Saudi consulative council head holds talks with UAE official
- Qatari Emir Holds Talks with Iran’s Supreme Leader, Foreign Minister