Qataris rally against terror as unknown group claims credit for theater blast
Thousands of Qataris and expatriates rallied at the site of Saturday's bombing near a British school, claimed by an unknown group.
According to AFP, French embassy sources said a team of experts had arrived in Doha to help in the investigation.
The group calling itself "Jund al-Sham," (Soldiers of the Levant), has claimed responsibility for the attack, in a statement on an Islamist website.
"No to terrorism," "Progress and security, whether the cowards like it or not," read some of the banners raised by the demonstrators.
Sons of Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani, government ministers, Muslim clerics and other prominent figures participated in the rally.
- Unknown Islamist Group Claims US Destroyer Blast Was Suicide Bombing
- ”Al Qaeda” denies involvement in Hariri killing
- Unknown Group Claims Responsibility for Hadera Explosion
- Hizbullah says Israel behind assassination of top member in Beirut car blast
- Unknown group in Yemen threatens to carry out additional bombing attacks