Qataris say '\'yes'\' to new constitution
Qataris voted overwhelmingly in a referendum in favour of plans to give the country a written constitution, the state minister for internal affairs announced.
Some 96.6 percent of voters -- 68,987 people -- cast ballots in favour of the plans, while 2,145 voted against, and 274 voters abstained, said Sheikh Hamad bin Nasser al-Thani. (Albawaba.com)
- Mubarak endorses issuing election amendment to constitution
- Egypt: 97.9% of governorates' unofficial results in favor of draft constitution
- Egypt: Majority of expats vote "yes" on constitution
- Turnout of Israeli Polls Remains Low at Midday
- The verdict is out: Egypt's constitution gets thumbs up after two-round referendum