Qtel Upgrades 3G Network to Support World Class Internet Speeds
Qtel today announced that it will complete the next phase of its mobile
Broadband network upgrade in February, to provide the fastest high speed
downlink packet access (HSDPA) network for Qatar.
The upgrade process, which began in the last months of 2009 and will be finished
in February, sees base stations all over the country being replaced and enhanced
connectivity being introduced across the network. As result, users of 3G-enabled
mobile phones, USB modems and data cards will all benefit from improved data
download speeds and enhanced quality of services.
In parallel, Qtel has initiated a major trial process for new network devices
capable of benefiting from massive download speeds of up to 14.4Mbps. Working
with customers, Qtel is preparing to offer some of the highest 3G download
speeds currently available in the near future.
- Nawras doubles 3G speed in Muscat as Network Turbocharging enters next stage
- Qtel and Siemens sign 3G/UMTS network agreement worth 20 million Euros
- Gitex 2006: Hall 3, Stand B3-10 - Toshiba unveils Tablet PC with integrated 3G
- Qatar’s mobile broadband speeds to double with major nfrastructure Upgrade
- MTC-Vodafone (Bahrain) expands 3G wireless network