Quarter Final of Pepsi Soccer Cup in Lebanon
And then there were eight. Al-Tadhamon Sour, Al-Akhaa Al-Ahli Alia and the Al-Ahli Sayda Clubs were the latest teams to advance to the quarter finals of the Lebanon "Pepsi" Soccer Cup. Al-Safeer daily reported that these crushed the hopes of Racing, Homenman, Al-Salam and Zughrata clubs.
The biggest shocker, however, was Al-Ahli Sayda, which defeated Homenman by 3 goals in a match held at Al-Safaa Stadium. Al-Ahli Sayda club is presently struggling to climb from the second league to the first league. Al-Ahli Sayda goals were scored by Hassan Ajouz (8,27) and Jamal Yehia (61).
Al-Tadhamon Club ended Racing's season by the same results. Goals were scored by Haitham Zein, Redha Anttar and Yousef Hejazzy at the 32, 64 and 90 minutes.
In the quarter finals, Al-Ahli Sayda Club will play Al-Akhaa Al-Ahli Alia, while Al-Tadhamon Club will face the winner from the game between the Al-Ansar and Al-Mebra Clubs.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Alcato Saves Team from Humiliation in Saudi Football
- Al-Ahli make history by earning a berth in FIFA club world cup UAE 2009 set to compete against world football elite in front of home crowd
- Egypt's Ahli Marches to Arab Basketball Semifinals
- Football - Al-Wassel Takes 1st Place in the UAE
- Asian Football Champions Quarter Finals To Begin