Queen Alia International Airport Records 13.4% Passenger Growth in May 2010
Airport International Group, the Jordanian company responsible for the rehabilitation, expansion and operation of Queen Alia International Airport (QAIA) announced the traffic performance of the month of May. QAIA registered growth in May's traffic performance with 419,606 passengers, translating into a 13.4% year-over-year increase. Aircraft movement reported a 9% growth with 5,221 aircraft movements in May 2010 compared to 4,787 in May 2009. The aviation industry continues to face variety of challenges, the most intense of which is the Icelandic volcanic ash. QAIA's traffic performance, however, continues to experience a steady increase, where Amman is steadily becoming a preferred regional hub for many airlines around the world. In the past couple of weeks, several airlines launched new flights to QAIA including airBaltic, Alitalia and Air Arabia – Egypt.
- Queen Alia International Airport Records more than half-million Passengers During August
- Queen Alia International Airport welcomed more than half-million passengers in July
- Dubai airport records 13% passenger growth
- Queen Alia international airport posts record month
- Queen Alia International Airport Reports Impressive Growth by 17% Year to Date