Queen Alia International Airport Records more than half-million Passengers During August
Airport International Group, the Jordanian company responsible for the rehabilitation, expansion and operation of Queen Alia International Airport (QAIA) announced the traffic performance for the month of August. QAIA registered 521,094 passengers compared to 533,111 passengers during the same period last year, due to the timing of the Holy Month of Ramadan – although a decline of 2.25%, it is only the fourth time in QAIA's history that passenger traffic exceeded a half million in a single month (previous occurrences, Jul-09, Aug-09 & Jul-10). On the other hand, Aircraft movements had witnessed a growth of 1.5%, with 5,795 aircraft this year compared to 5,712 in August 2009. Furthermore, cargo movements had also registered a significant increase by 9.7%, where cargo traffic recorded 8,513 tons, compared to 7,759 tons in August 2009.
- Queen Alia international airport posts record month
- Queen Alia International Airport Records 13.4% Passenger Growth in May 2010
- Queen Alia International Airport welcomed more than half-million passengers in July
- Recording-breaking Traffic Continues at Queen Alia International Airport
- Queen Alia International Airport Reports 12.3% increase in Passengers during October