Rabat identifies Moroccans arrested in connection with Madrid blasts
Moroccan authorities said they had identified the three Moroccans arrested in Madrid in connection with the train
blasts that killed 200 people in the Spanish capital last week.
There was no indication the three, aged between 30 and 34, had ties with Islamist groups.
Moroccan Communications Minister and government spokesman Nabil Benabdallah said the three men were born in the northern part of the country, in the cities of Tangiers and Tetouan.
Jamal Zougam, 30, is an office worker, Mohamed Bekkali, 31, a mechanic and Mohamed Chaoui, 34, a factory worker, the minister said in comments published by the official MAP news agency on Sunday. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- In new videotaped message: Al Qaeda claims Madrid attacks, vows more; Three Moroccans detained
- Moroccan arrested in connection to Madrid bombings
- Moroccan Authorities Arrest 30 Trying to Escape to Europe
- Al Qaeda member arrested in connection with Madrid bombing
- Dutch Drug Trafficker Gets 10 Years in Moroccan Prison