RAK Ceramics employees take time off to support global blood donation campaign
RAK Ceramics, the world's largest ceramics manufacturer, has revealed that around 100 employees and executives led by RAK Ceramics senior management took part in a blood donation drive at the medical centre within its premises in coordination with Saif Hospital in Ras Al Khaimah. The blood donation campaign was organized as part of the World Blood Donor Day on June 14, 2010. RAK Ceramics representatives joined other volunteers from all over the UAE in donating blood during the annual event, which is also held to raise global awareness about the need for safe and adequate blood supply to benefit everyone requiring blood transfusion. The UAE is among 57 countries that have achieved 100 per cent voluntary blood donation, up from 39 in 2002.
Dr. Khater Massaad, CEO, RAK Ceramics said, "RAK Ceramics’ participation in this humanitarian campaign is in line with our efforts to actively interact with the society and extend a helping hand to thousands of patients and road accident victims whose lives could be dependent on a few drops of blood. RAK Ceramics will continue to be actively involved in various activities that are ultimately beneficial to the society and the communities that we serve."
- RAK Ceramics wins ‘CSR Company of the Year’ award at 2nd Middle East Business Leaders Summit & Awards
- RAK Ceramics employees, senior managers volunteer in UAE-wide clean-up drive
- RAK Ceramics entrusts management of Medical Center to RAK Hospital
- FedEx Express team members participate in Global FedEx Cares Week
- Canon Middle East to renew green vows to mark Earth Day 2011