Ramadan: Weapons Inspectors Can Return Under Conditions
Iraq is conditionally prepared to permit weapons inspectors return to the country, said Iraqi Vice President Taha Yassin Ramadan.
He said Iraq must be allowed to submit to the United Nations a list of sites as well as a time schedule for the investigations, it was reported Monday.
The United States, backed by Britain, has threatened military action against Iraq and the overthrow of Iraqi President Saddam Hussein unless Baghdad allows the return of UN arms inspectors to check it no longer has weapons of mass destruction. (Albawaba.com)
- Baghdad invites U.S. to inspect suspected WMD sites; Basra airport bombed
- <i>Financial Times</i>: Iraq-Ukraine defense-technology ties re-emerging
- Iraqi VP: U.N. inspectors serve CIA and Mossad
- Under Arab states pressure Iraq agrees to return of U.N. inspectors; U.S., Britain dismiss offer
- Iraq rejects new conditions on activities of UN inspectors; Russian DM: inspectors could return by early October