Ratings On Jordan-Based Middle East Insurance Co. Affirmed At 'BBB-' With Stable Outlook; Withdrawn At Company's Request
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said today it affirmed at 'BBB-' its counterparty credit and insurer financial strength ratings on Jordan-based Middle East Insurance Co. (MEICO). The outlook remained stable. The ratings were then withdrawn at the insurer's request. We performed a detailed analysis of MEICO, which supported our affirmation of the ratings before they were withdrawn. Our analysis confirmed the insurer's good commercial and financial profile. The company's competitive position, operating performance, and capitalization were all identified as good, while liquidity remains strong relative to likely needs.
However, the final rating level continues to be constrained by general macroeconomic considerations relating to economic and industry risks in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan (local currency: BBB-/Stable/A-3; foreign currency: BB/Stable/B) and their potential, if indirect, impact on MEICO's capitalization and financial flexibility.
- Jordan-Based Middle East Insurance Co. Assigned 'BBB' Long-Term Ratings; Outlook Stable
- Outlook To Positive On Salama/Islamic Arab Insurance Co. (P.S.C. ) And Core Reinsurance Subsidiaries At BEST RE Subgroup
- Kuwait-Based Wethaq Takaful Outlook Revised To Stable; 'BB' Ratings Affirmed
- Kazakh-Based Eurasian Development Bank Ratings Affirmed After CreditWatch Action on Sovereign
- Bahrain-Based Reinsurer Trust Re Ratings Raised To 'BBB+' On Ongoing Good Development; Outlook Stable