Regional Conference on Electricity to Light Up Qatar in October
Qatar will host in October the 12th annual seminar of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Regional Committee for High Voltage Electric Systems (GCC-Cigre), on the topic of power system planning and control, reported the Gulf Times on Wednesday.
Qatar General Electricity and Water Corporation (Kahramaa) will host the event.
“The seminar is organized under the patronage of HE Abdullah bin Hamad Al Attiyah, the minister for energy, industry, electricity and water,” local organizing committee chairman, Yousuf Al Janahi, and Kahramaa’s public relations manager Hamad Rashed Al Kuwari told reporters.
“The program offers a good chance for participants to acquaint themselves with the recent technological development and research in the field of power planning and control,” Yousuf said.
The event will also present a forum to exchange ideas and experiences related to the field, especially in GCC countries.
“The deliberations are expected to lead to useful and constructive recommendations that will enhance the progress and development of power system planning and control in GCC nations,” Yousuf said.
About 250 participants are expected for the seminar.
Nearly 300 establishments, including local, regional and international companies dealing with electrical equipment, will be participating in the seventh exhibition being organized on the periphery of the seminar – Albawaba.com
- GE Lighting showcases energy-efficient lighting solutions for indoors and outdoors at Light Middle East
- General Electric Lighting
- GCC pursues world's largest electricity projects as analysts expect region's energy demand to increase 85 per cent by 2030
- Middle East Electricity 2004 to light up Iraq’s power sector
- Schneider Electric’s Partner Exchange Conference 2010 highlights commitment to business best practice