Regional session of Child Parliament held in Marrakech
Princess Lalla Meryem, chairwoman of the National Observatory for Children Rights and daughter of the late Morocco's King Hassan II, has recently presided over the opening of the regional session of the Child Parliament in Marrakech.
During the ceremony, a documentary on the main activities of Princess Lalla Meryem regarding the promotion of children issues was presented, MAP reported. It should be mentioned that Princess Lalla joined about three years ago the list of UNESCO Goodwill Ambassadors. She focuses her Ambassadorship on UNESCO projects for women and children. She is a well known campaigner for the ratification of the International Convention for the Rights of the Child.
Previous Children Parliament sessions discussed issues relating to school charter and the expansion of the competences and mechanism intervention of the Children Parliament. (albawaba.com)
- Japanese Embassy grants MD 800,000 for young Moroccan students
- Documentary on terraces of Marrakech
- MP fires AK-47 during Jordanian parliament session
- Landmark sustainability initiative unveiled at World Economic Forum in Marrakech
- Belgrade meetings of PAM Standing Committees approve reports for submission to Plenary Session of the Assembly to be held in Morocco