Report: Algerian troops kill 150 armed Islamists
Up to 150 armed men, believed to be members of an armed Islamic organization, were killed during a campaign carried out by the Algerian army in the mountainous region of Al-Babour in Setif, some 300 kilometers east of the capital, a local newspaper reported on Saturday.
Al-Watan daily reported 150 armed Islamists were killed and their bodies were burned inside caves during the past two weeks. During this campaign, the Algerian forces seized RPGs and machine guns.
It added the army discovered hideouts and tunnels in which over 25 women lived in, including pregnant and children, where they were freed and taken to barracks and medical centers. (Albawaba.com)
- In less than 48 hours: Algerian army kills 16 alleged armed Islamists
- Algerian forces discover bodies of five Islamist fighters
- Death of 10 Armed Islamic Extremists in New Algerian Army Crackdowns
- Press: Thirteen Soldiers, Six Islamists Killed in Algerian Clash
- Reports: Algerian troops kill Islamic group chief, 15 followers