Report: Captured Israeli soldier wounded during Gaza war
Abu Abir, the popular resistance committees' spokesman, has affirmed that the captured Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit was wounded during the recent Israeli war on the Gaza Strip. The London-based Al-Hayat newspaper on Saturday quoted Abu Abir as saying that what was reported earlier in this regard was not media fabrication. He added that Israel is responsible for Shalit's safety, but would not divulge the nature of his injury.
The PRC official said that there would be no free information on the condition of Shalit, adding, "We will not disclose more information out of keenness on Palestinian interests". According to Abu Abir, only very few people know where Shalit is being held.
Earlier, a Palestinian source had stated that Shalit was injured in the Israeli raids on Gaza on 29/12/2009 but did not clarify the extent of his injury. Hamas sources refused to confirm or deny the news report but held Israeli leaders fully responsible for any harm done to him during the raids.
- 20 Palestinian women to be freed by Israel in exchange for info on captured soldier
- Israel refuses to free Palestinian prisoners for video of soldier
- Audio tape of captured Israeli soldier aired as Al-Qaeda No. 2 backs Hamas
- Palestinian - Israeli prisoner exchange deal ”close”
- Report: French doctors examine Shalit