Report: Deterioration in Syria human rights conditions
In a report published by the Syrian Human Rights Committee it is written that between June 2004 and May 2005, human rights conditions in Syria, witnessed deterioration in fundamental issues and the "vanishing of hopes for quality improvement of human rights situation in Syria." In the said period, the country succumbed to a state of extremism and severe violations, reaching its worst point since Bashar al-Assad’s assumption of presidency in Syria five years ago, the report added.
- Syria rejects US report on human rights
- Syria slams US human right report as Powell ''disappointed'' with Assad policy
- Syrian human rights activist says travel banned by secret police
- Syrian police disperse protest by human rights activists
- Syrian protestors stage demonstration calling for more ''freedom'', release of prisoners