Report: Egypt’s Intelligence Chief to Succeed Amr Moussa as Foreign Minister
The head of Egypt’s Public Intelligence Department, Omar Suleiman, will be appointed foreign minister to succeed Amr Moussa, who was chosen by the Arab leaders as Secretary General of the Arab League, said a Jordanian Arabic daily on Thursday.
Quoting an unnamed senior official, Al Arab Al Yawm said that Suleiman will start his new job before the end of April, adding that selecting a security official for the post comes in light of “the dramatic developments in the Middle East.”
The official said that the candidate has been assigned recently to make contacts with the Israeli side. This was confirmed by President Hosni Mubarak in an interview with Washington Post earlier this week – Albawaba.com
- Career Diplomat to Succeed Moussa as Egypt’s FM
- Identity of Egypt’s Next FM Shrouded as Swearing-In Nears
- Veteran Egyptian diplomat Amr Moussa confirms Sisi will run for president, will make announcement in "near future"
- Who will succeed President Mubarak?
- Amr Moussa: Arab states disappointed by Clinton comments